Introduction to PEST Analysis
Assess the macro-environmental and industry factors impacting your business or market.
PEST Analysis is a fundamental technique for developing any business strategy. It's a proven method for assessing the external, macro-environmental factors - political, economic, societal and technological that could create threats or opportunities for your industry. Combined with Porter's Five Forces Analysis and Trend Quantification you will have a much better picture of the dynamics playing out in your industry and what the implications of these dynamics are. In this Expert Toolkit Guide you'll get:
- An overview of the PEST Analysis approach and how it adds value in a business context
- An understanding of how PEST Analysis and Porter’s 5 Forces work together
- An overview of the key steps involved in producing a PEST Analysis
- Templates to use for conducting PEST Analysis
- An explanation of the benefits and limitations of PEST Analysis
- A worked example of PEST Analysis
This How-to Guide is available online to our Premium Members. It is not available for separate purchase for non-members but is included in our Business Consulting Basics Mega Bundle which is available electronically and in print. Browse the complete collection of Expert Toolkit Bundles to find the right one for your needs.
Just $4.99 per month gets you access to our complete library of tools, templates, frameworks and training material. 7 day free trial. Cancel online anytime.
We Also Recommend